Happy World Book Day!
Books have been a part of my life for all of my life. I was lucky to be born into a family of book-lovers (book devourers is a more accurate term) and their love of reading and great stories fostered a life-long love of reading and writing in me. As soon as I could read books for myself, I discovered the wonders of Kingswinford Library (my local palace of book dreams) and started an amazing reading journey.
In celebration of World Book Day, here are Ten Books That Changed My Life when I was growing up:
1. A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
2. The Wombles by Elisabeth Beresford
3. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
4. Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Parker
5. Swallows & Amazons by Arthur Ransome
6. The Great Ghost Rescue by Eva Ibbotson
7. The Famous Five series by Enid Blyton
8.The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
9. I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith
10. Emma’s Island by Honor Arundel
What are your favourite books from your childhood and teens? Tell me below and one person will win a £20 Waterstones Gift Card!
- @JillMansell Hooray! So glad you got to see it at last! Live events aren’t the best quality on FB so there are some… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- @JillMansell My pleasure, Jill! Lots of excitement from my viewers about your book - wishing it all the sales! xxx 3 hours ago
Support Me On KO-FI
VISIT MY SHOP