Happy World Book Day!
Books have been a part of my life for all of my life. I was lucky to be born into a family of book-lovers (book devourers is a more accurate term) and their love of reading and great stories fostered a life-long love of reading and writing in me. As soon as I could read books for myself, I discovered the wonders of Kingswinford Library (my local palace of book dreams) and started an amazing reading journey.
In celebration of World Book Day, here are Ten Books That Changed My Life when I was growing up:
1. A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
2. The Wombles by Elisabeth Beresford
3. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
4. Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Parker
5. Swallows & Amazons by Arthur Ransome
6. The Great Ghost Rescue by Eva Ibbotson
7. The Famous Five series by Enid Blyton
8.The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
9. I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith
10. Emma’s Island by Honor Arundel
What are your favourite books from your childhood and teens? Tell me below and one person will win a £20 Waterstones Gift Card!
From MirandaHello you! You look like you've had a hard day... Come in, come in! Kick your shoes off, grab a coffee, put your feet up and RELAX... If you have any questions/would like to get in contact, just email me.
- He's a keeper 😍 twitter.com/kingofgrump/st… 24 minutes ago
- @kingofgrump You smoothie, you xx 😘😘😘 25 minutes ago